http://wxrt.cbslocal.comWed, 27 Mar 2013 18:54:53 GMT
Raise your hand if you’ve ever taken a baseball bat, flipped it upside down and pretend to dual with Jimi Hendrix over “All Along The Watchtower”. Good, I’m not alone. Here are ten reasons why it’s worth your time …
1) Getting started is simple: Walk in to almost any mega retail store like Target or Wal-Mart and you’re bound to find a guitar set sold for around $100. If you’re keen into supporting local businesses, go on down to your music shop and buy a used guitar for the same price if not cheaper.
2) Relieves stress: It doesn’t take very long to learn a few chords and put together a song. Playing guitar is an easy way to relieve stress and these simple chords can help take your mind off any troubles you might have.
3) Create your own style: The versatility of the guitar allows you to create your own style and not be abided by certain styles of playing. Funk, alternative, metal, Flamenco, jazz, soft rock, the list goes on and on for the different styles you can play. It’s not uncommon for people to bridge many genres together to create their own style of guitar playing.
Learning guitar? We recommend these 8 songs by The Shins, Arcade Fire, Bon Iver, The Men, etc. http://t.co/anJep6MWG0
1. Arcade Fire – “Wake Up”
2. Bon Iver – “Skinny Love”
3. Bright Eyes – “First Day of My Life”
4. Mikal Cronin – “Weight”
5. The Men – “Open Your Heart”
6. Ramones – “Blitzkrieg Bop”
7. The Shins – “New Slang”
8. The Smiths – “I Want the One I Can’t Have”
http://www.webpronews.comMon, 13 May 2013 19:39:59 GMT
The Future Of Google Glass May Lie In 911 Calls And Guitar Lessons. Google Glass is now in the hands of developers, and they’re already doing some pretty amazing (and scary) things with the technology. What will it look …11-calls-and-guitar-lessons-2013-05
http://learn-to-play-guitar.maxupdates.tvSun, 12 May 2013 07:49:36 GMT
Learning to play a musical instrument is something that every music lover would want to try during his lifetime. And the most popular and sought after.
http://musiknetz.comWed, 08 May 2013 08:37:36 GMT
Learning the guitar can be easy for those who have the patience and perseverance to learn and practice. It is only difficult for those who blame their quitting to lack of time to practice and the hurt they …
http://www.nuchacafe.comSun, 05 May 2013 16:46:57 GMT
When I first started playing guitar I did this myself. I ordered one of those heavy guitar level books and set about trying to learn them all. I was spending hours and hours a day studying the scales in the book. I thought that to b …
http://www.junauza.comWed, 03 Apr 2013 02:16:00 GMT
Learning a guitar is no easy task. Well, it’s not that difficult either if you are learning from a pro; however, if you are learning on your own then it becomes sort of difficult. The first thing you’ll need is a guitar and a good amount …